Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Servings: 4
1 chopped and skinned butternut squash
1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
4 cups of stock
2 celery stocks
1. In a large pot, place chopped butternut squash and stock.
2. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 40 minutes or until squash is sauce.
3. While squash is cooking, chop shallot and celery.
4. Heat a pan on medium heat and saute shallot and celery for 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
5. Once squash mixture has cooled, place in a blender or use an emulsion blender and add almond milk. Blend until smooth.
6. Place mixture back onto stove and add celery and shallot to soup. Heat for 5-10 minutes until warm. Serve immediately.