Creamy Vegan Pasta
Total Time: 40 minutes Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes Servings:2
1 box of chickpea pasta
2 cloves of garlic
1 and 1/2 cups of cashews
1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 tbs of lemon juice
1 tsp of dried parsley
1. In a small sauce pan, cover cashews with water and bring to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes or until cashews have softened. Strain and let cool.
2. In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add pasta. Cook for approximately 20 minutes or until done to your liking.
3. Heat a frying pan to medium heat.
4. Mince garlic and chop shallots. Add to frying pan and saute for 5-8 minutes. Set aside.
5.After cashews have cooled, place in a blender with almond milk and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
6. After pasta has been strained, add cashews, garlic and shallots to pasta. Mix well.
7. Garnish with parsley.
8. Serve immediately or portion into tupperware.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave a comment below. For alerts on new recipes, posts on how to eat plant-based and more, sign up for the Live Grow Green email list!