Italian Carrot Fries
Total Time: 1 hour and 40 minutes Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes Servings: 5
10 peeled carrots
1/4 cup of vital wheat gluten
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 tbs of corn starch
1 tsp of oregano
!. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Place carrots inside a covered baking dish and drizzle with oil.
3. Let cook for 1 hour, flipping after 30 minutes.
4. Let carrots cool uncovered for approximately 5-10 minutes. Keep oven heated at 350F.
5. In a blender, combine carrots, vital wheat gluten, nutritional yeast, corn starch and oregano. Puree until mixture is smooth. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
6. Grease a baking sheet and mold carrots into square strips on baking sheet. You should have about 10 fries on the sheet.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes.
8. Serve immediately or portion into tupperware.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave a comment below. For alerts on new recipes, posts on how to eat plant-based and more, sign up for the Live Grow Green email list!