Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour Servings: 6
24oz of tomato sauce
1 cup of uncooked wild rice
4 cups of vegetable stock
32 oz of fresh salsa
6 slices of vegan cheddar cheese (I use Violife)
1 tbs chili powder
1 tbs stevia brown sugar
1. Place rice and vegetable stock in a pan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower to medium high heat and cook until liquid is completely evaporated. Stir occasionally.
2. While rice is cooking, pour tomato sauce in a pan and add chili powder. Cook covered on medium high heat for about 20 minutes, until excess liquid is reduced. Stir occasionally.
3. Add salsa to a frying pan and cook on medium heat for about 15 - 20 minutes minutes, reducing excess liquid.
4. When rice is done, add salsa mixture to rice and mix every. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
5. When tomato sauce is done, remove lid and add stevia brown sugar. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 350F.
7. Lightly coat the bottom of a glass baking dish with 1-2 tap of tomato sauce so that tortillas will not stick.
8. To make each enchilada, lay a tortilla out flat and place approximately 1/2 cup of rice mixture in a straight line in the center of the tortilla.
9. To fold, fold in about 1 inch both ends of the tortilla where your rice mixture begins and ends. Chose one side of the tortilla to the right or left of your line and fold that side completely over the mixture and slightly over the folds on each end. Pull the folded end toward you to tightly pack the mixture to one side. Roll the packed side towards the empty side to securely wrap the enchilada. Place in baking dish.
10. After all of the enchiladas have been prepared and placed in the dish, cut each slice of vegan cheese in half and place over enchiladas so that they are fully covered.
11. Pour the remainder of the sauce over the enchiladas.
12. Bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes so that the cheese completely melts.
13. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave a comment below. For alerts on new recipes, posts on how to eat plant-based and more, sign up for the Live Grow Green email list!