Total Time: 1 Hour and 40 Minutes | Prep Time: 40 Minutes | Cook Time: 1 Hour | Servings: 4
4 whole wheat hot dog buns
1/2 cup of water
2 tbsps of reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tbsps of apple cider vinegar
1 tsp of liquid smoke
1 tsp of onion powder
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of cumin
(Optional) 4 tbsps of ketchup
(Optional) 4 tbsps of mustard
(optional) 4 tsps of sweet relish
1. Peel carrots and remove the tops.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together water, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, liquid smoke, onion powder, garlic powder and cumin.
3. Line a baking dish with tin foil. Place carrots in dish and pour mixture over carrots. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 400F.
5. Bake carrots for 1 hour. After 30 minutes, remove cover carefully and flip carrots.
6. Once carrots have cooled, add to buns and top with ketchup, mustard, and sweet relish.