Total Time: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes | Prep Time: 30 Minutes | Cook Time: 1 Hour | Servings: 6
1 cup of bread flour
1/2 cup of water
1-2 cups of whole wheat flour
16 oz of crushed tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
2 petite red peppers
1/4 cup of baking stevia
1 tsp of oregano
8 oz of vegan mozzarella
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine bread flour and water. Knead dough for approximately 5 minutes or until well combined. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
2. Dice shallot and red peppers. Mince garlic.
3. Add crushed tomatoes and vegetables to a medium sauce pan.. Cook for 30 minutes on medium heat.
4. Preheat oven to 450F.
5. Cover a flat surface with 1-2 cups of whole wheat flour. Remove dough from bowl and place on to flour. Work whole wheat flour into dough until all dampness and stickiness has been removed.
6. Form dough into a round ball. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough as thinly as possible into a circular pattern. Flip dough occasionally to avoid sticking.
7. Place dough either on a pizza stone or baking tray. Add tomato sauce to dough, leaving at least a 1 inch margin around the edges. Spread mozzarella evenly on top of dough.
8. Bake for 25 minutes.
9. Let pizza rest for 5 minutes. Carefully cut into sixths and serve.