Total Time: 40 minutes Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes Serving Size: 6
8oz of pressed tofu
1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 cup of nutritional yeast
1 bunch of baby broccoli florets
2 tbs of minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
1 sheet of vegan store bought pie crust or homemade crust
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a glass pie dish and place crust over dish.
2. Heat a small frying pan on medium heat and drizzle with a small amount of oil. Chop broccoli into florets, dice shallot and mince garlic. Add to frying pan and saute for approximately 5 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
3. In a large bowl, add pressed tofu. Using fork, mash tofu into small pieces to create a scrambled texture. Add in nutritional yeast and almond milk and stir well. Then combine broccoli mixture and lightly mix.
4. Pour mixture onto pie crust and make sure that it is evenly spread in the dish.
5. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Remove and let set for 5-10 minutes. Serve immediately or portion into tupperware.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave a comment below. For alerts on new recipes, tips of leading a plant-based lifestyle and more, sign up for the Live Grow Green email list!