Total Time: 1 Hour and 20 Minutes Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 1 Hour and 10 Minutes Servings: 5
4 sweet potatoes
1 can of black beans (about 15 oz)
1 can of kidney beans (about 15 oz)
2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
3 jalapeno peppers
2 petite red peppers
3 cloves of garlic
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Peel and slice sweet potatoes into chunks. Add to a baking dish, cover and place in oven for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
3. While sweet potatoes are cooking, slice shallots, jalapeno peppers, red peppers, and mince garlic.
4. Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat and drizzle with oil. Add vegetables in and saute for approximately 10 minutes.
5. Rinse and strain kidney beans and black beans. Add to pan and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Set aside.
6. Once sweet potatoes have cooled, add to a blender with almond milk. Puree until smooth. Alternatively, you can add to a large pot and use an emulsion blender.
7. Top sweet potatoes with vegetable mixture.
8. Portion into tupperware. If serving immediately, add soup to a large pot and reheat on medium heat for 15 minutes.