Chickpea Pasta with Vegan Alfredo Sauce
Total Time: 40 minutes Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Servings:2
1 box of chickpea pasta
1 cup of baby broccoli florets
1 clove of garlic
1/2 cup of cashews
1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 cup of nutritional yeast
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add in chickpea pasta. Reduce to medium-high heat and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until pasta is done to your liking.
2. Add cashews to a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for approximately 15 minutes. Strain and allow to cool.
3. Heat a small frying pan on medium high heat and drizzle with oil. Chop broccoli and shallot and mince garlic. Add to frying pan and saute for approximately 10 minutes. Set aside.
4. Once the cashews are finished, add to a blender with almond milk and nutritional yeast. Puree until smooth.
5. Once pasta is finished and has been strained, add pasta, vegetables and sauce to pot and mix well. Serve immediately.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave a comment below. For alerts on new recipes, tips of leading a plant-based lifestyle and more, sign up for the Live Grow Green email list!