Homemade Vegan Bagels
Total Time: 1 Hour and 50 Minutes | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 1 Hour and 50 Minutes | Servings: 4
3 cups of bread flour
2 cups of water
1/2 cup of baking stevia
1 packet of active dry yeast
1 cup of warm water
1. Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and knead dough for 5 minutes. Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
2. Uncover dough and shape into portions of 3” in diameter circles. Using your fingers, crease a hole in the center of dough. Repeat the process until dough has been used, adding more flour as necessary. Dough should yield 4 bagels.
5. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in bagels and boil for approximately 2 minutes. Carefully remove bagels from water and let cool.
6. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a large baking sheet. Spread bagels out on baking sheet.
7. Bake for 50 minutes or until bagels are firm and browned.
8. Remove from oven and let cool.