Total Time: 1 hour and 50 minutes Prep Time: 1 hour Cook Time: 20 minutes Passive Time: 30 minutes Servings: 2
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/4 cup of water (add more if necessary)
1/2 cups of cashews
1/4 cup of almond milk
2 tbs of nutritional yeast
1 sweet potato
1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 tbs of maple syrup
1.Add cashews to a small pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium-high heat for 20 minutes. Strain and allow to cool.
2. While cashews are boiling, add flour and water to a mixing bowl. Knead until dough is has a dry texture and good elasticity. You may need to add more water or flour to achieve this. Let sit for 10 minutes.
3. Once cashews have cooled, place in blender with almond milk and nutritional yeast. Pulse until cashews are slightly chunky. Set aside
4. Roll out dough using a KitchenAid pasta attachment until you get to setting 6. Alternatively, you can roll out the dough using a rolling pin. If you're using a rolling pin, make sure to get the dough as thin as possible without breaking.
5. If you have a ravioli maker, place dough over metal and gently remove extra dough and set aside. Fill each ravioli with half a teaspoon of cashew mixture. Wet a square area with water along the edges of each ravioli. Take excess dough and place over metal filled ravioli and gently cut off excess. Set excess dough aside. Using a spoon or rolling pin, remove air pockets by gently pressing or rolling over the raviolis. Align bottom portion of ravioli maker and press firmly. Raviolis should pop out. If do not, gently cut the edges. Repeat the process until the dough is used up. You should have approximately 16 raviolis.
If you do not have a ravioli maker, cut 3inches x 3inches dough squares. Make sure you have an even amount of squares. Fill half the amount of squares with half a teaspoon of filling. Wet the edges of the filled squares with water and place an unused square on top to seal. Using a spoon or rolling pin, gently press or roll the air out of each ravioli. Use a fork to press and seal the edges of each ravioli. You should have approximately 16 raviolis.
6. Let sit for 30 minutes.
7. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add in raviolis. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
1.Preheat oven to 350F. Skin and chop sweet potato into chunks. Place in a baking dish, cover and let cook for 30 minutes or until sweet potato has softened.
2. Once sweet potatoes have cooled, add to a blender along with almond milk and maple syrup. Puree until smooth. Add to a medium sauce pan and keep warm on low until ready.
1. Once raviolis have been cooked and strained, add to pot and pour in sweet potato sauce. Mix well, but be careful to not break raviolis.
2. Serve immediately.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave a comment below. For alerts on new recipes, tips of leading a plant-based lifestyle and more, sign up for the Live Grow Green email list!