Vegan Acorn Squash Risotto with Asparagus
Total Time: 1 Hour and 20 Minutes | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 1 Hour and 10 Minutes | Servings: 5
1 cup of arborio rice
4 cups of vegetable broth
1 acorn squash
2 cloves of garlic
1 bundle of asparagus
1 tsp of black pepper
!. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Slice acorn squash in half and remove seeds. Add squash to a baking tray or pan with the insides facing up. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with black pepper. Bake for 1 hour.
3. Rinse arborio rice and add to a medium sized pot. Add in vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium high heat and cook until all liquid has evaporated. Stir occassionally.
4. Heat a medium sized frying pan to medium heat. Dice shallots and asparagus, and mince garlic. Add to frying pan and saute for 15 minutes, or until all vegetables are fully cooked through. Set aside.
5. Once squash has cooled, remove skins and slice squash into bite sized pieces. Add to risotto. Add in vegetables and mix well.
6. Serve immediately or portion into tupperware for meal prep.