Vegan Balsamic Red Onion and Swiss Chard Flatbread
Total Time: 1 Hour and 10 Minutes | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 1 Hour | Servings: 4
1 cup of bread flour
1 packet of dry active yeast (approximately 0.25oz)
1/2 cup of warm water
1 small red onion
4 tbsps of balsamic vinegar
4 leaves of swiss chard
1. In a small bowl, combine warm water and yeast. Let sit for 2 minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine yeast mixture and bread flour. Knead dough for 5 minutes, cover, and let sit for 30 minutes.
3. While dough is rising, dice red onion and swiss chard. You can choose to add swiss chard stalks or discard them.
4. Heat a frying pan to medium heat. Add red onions and balsamic vinegar. Saute until onions become translucent.
5. Add swiss chard to frying pan and saute for approximately 5 minutes or until the leaves have reduced. Set aside.
6. Preheat oven to 350 F
7. Line a small square baking dish or baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle countertop with a small amount of flour to prevent dough from sticking. Roll out dough into your desired shape and place it into dish.
8. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully top bread with red onions and swiss chard. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Serve immediately.