Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook time: 1 hour Serving Size: 4
4 red potatoes
6 slices of vegan cheese (I used Violife)
1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 tsp of maple syrup
1/2 tsp of liquid smoke
1 tsp of soy source
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Chop potatoes into bite sized pieces and place into a glass baking dish. Cover and place in the oven for 1 hour, flipping after 30 minutes.
3. In a small sauce pan, add vegan cheese and heat on medium heat until cheese is completely melted. Add almond milk to help make the cheese more spreadable. Mix in well and keep warm until ready.
4. Peel carrot and grate finely either using a food processor or a grater. Place carrot bits in a bowl and add maple syrup, liquid smoke and soy sauce. Let sit for 10 minutes.
5. Heat a small frying pan on medium and drizzle with oil. Finely chop shallots and jalapenos and add to frying pan. Saute for 5-10 minutes, until jalapenos have softened and shallots have become translucent. Set aside
6. Heat a small frying pan to medium high and add in carrot bits. Saute for approximately 10 minutes or until carrot bits have become softened.
7. Dice scallion finely and set aside.
8 After potatoes are done, add in melted cheese, sauteed vegetables, scallions and carrot bits. Mix well and serve immediately.